Let’s Lighten Up Our Spirits – 9PM 9 Minutes
This morning PM Modi again addressed the nation. Apart from strictly asking people to follow the lockdown, he has asked the nation to come together united in fight against this deadly virus. Some excerpts from his speech are-“Lockdown has told us discipline. Nothing is impossible when country is united. On 5th April Sunday, we need your 9 minutes. We have to challenge coronavirus on 5th April. At 9 pm shut the lights off for 9 minutes. Light the lamps and candles for 9 minutes and show your support to the government in fighting this deadly virus.” #9baje9minute
Even Punya Prasoon Bajpai shared a beautiful poetry which depicted the power of light in fighting the dark times. Indeed, these are the dark times which we need to fight. We need to come together in unison and show our support. This is the time when we need to stand together and not go out.
But the real question is- how to beat the boredom? For people like us who are used to going out on our whims, lockdown is difficult. Let us tell you how you can utilize your time during this time.
1. Keep yourself informed: Knowledge is power. Watch news, google, and do everything to keep yourself informed through legitimate sources. Do not fall prey to fake WhatApp Forwards.
2. Keeping everything: Do not panic when it comes to stocking rations. Government has allowed a few ration shops near you to stay open for some time every day so that people do not fall short of essentials.
3. Setting challenges: Set personal challenges for yourself and family. Play games like ludo and keep yourself entertained.
4. Giving kids time: If you have kids, then this is the time when you can give them time. Spend time with them and show your love and care towards them. This is the time which you will remember. Make memories with them.
5. Be creative: Consider the space in your home. What could you be able to change? What space can be or can’t be used? What could you be able to dispose off to make the space a work region? That is an extremely simple thing to fix.
And now is the time when you can be a good citizen by staying inside and protecting your fellow Indians. If you do need to go out, you can make an online pass which will allow you to go out in case police inquires. Don’t panic, stay calm; we are with you.